UDICHI: Declaration and Constitution
This Constitution is revised at the 19th National Convention of UDICHI in 2014
Bangladesh Udichi Shilpigosthi
Prior to mass uprising in the nineteen sixty-nine, the repressed people had stood up (I have chosen the word “stood up” instead of “awakened up”) against frustration, anarchy and dependency with a vow to free the nation. Amid of a suffocating cultural ambience, ‘Udichi Shilpigosthi’ was founded (as a voice of protest) by the leadership of great artist-revolutionary Satyen Sen on 29 October of 1968 at the north-end of Dhaka city. Udichi started its journey with a commitment/promise to singing for (to amuse) the oppressed people. In 1971, brothers and sisters of Udichi joined their hands together with thousands of other freedom fighters to liberate the country. The bloods of artists-litterateurs-intellectuals had been mixed with countless number of self-sacrificing heroes. Peoples had expectations of an independent Bangladesh that was achieved through the ultimate sacrifice of millions of people would be of an exploitation and barrier-free country for cultural development.
The prime objective of people’s struggle and sacrifices of martyrs for establishing an independent and sovereign Bangladesh was to develop an exploitation-free, happy and prosperous society. The country would make progress by overcoming the curse of backwardness. Defiance of poverty and illiteracy would pave way for humane development of every citizen of the country. People had the expectation to be engaged themselves to fulfill personal and social accomplishments by freeing them from corrupt thoughts that were nourished by selfishness, communalism and ill-culture.
But today our lives are encircled by an unhealthy and conflicting reality that is tarnishing/spoiling our achievements of liberation war, continually obstructing all the avenues of our mental development. The national Constitution that was achieved through the liberation war is now distorted. Of the four main state principles, Socialism, Secularism and Bengali Nationalism are removed from the Constitution. The effort of implementing a capitalistic system- a catalytic agent for creating divisions among the people is drowning the country and society to the bottom of the devastation. The demoniac rise of capitalism in a third world country like us is not only forcing the major population to be the victim of exploitation but also turning the whole country into a pawn of the neo-colonial imperialist power. The present pro-capitalistic authority with the support and collaboration of the international capitalism is gaining strength day by day. By embracing of such free-market economy, the country is now indebted and dependent, thereby facilitating the growth of personal capital, privatizing the nationalized industries, that creates economic disasters and blocking the growth of national economic development. The dependent capitalistic system, at one hand, is crushing the democratic rules and regulations and on the other hand, is demonstrating its all-out efforts to distort, obscure and destroy our national culture.
Due to the above reasons (or consequently), our national culture now is facing a extremely/utmost devastating situation. The rate of illiteracy is gradually growing in the country. Institutional education system has been broken down to a mess. Education has lost its power to strengthen humanistic potency and values. The expansion of private school system and its extensive commercialisation is virtually an assault to the education system. The promotion of pro-capitalistic education model is profit-oriented and its main objective is to root out of our national identity. Today all human values are disregarded. Radical fundamentalism as well as superstitions is being patronized by most of the politicians. Corruption and plundering national properties are recognized and established today as the way of acquiring/gaining wealth. As a part of the capitalistic norms, a group of political leaders are shamelessly showcasing their pride in the society. They are also misusing the benefits of modern technologies and promoting vulgar mentality, that in turn awfully impacts the instinctive and aesthetic minds of the people.
Decency and humanity today are subdued by the influence of ugly and inhuman attributes. Today, life is threatened due to severe environmental pollution. The growth of capitalism is shaping people largely inhuman. All normal human values are being eclipsed by the strain of competitive economic structure. Corruption, greed, hatred and alienation within the society triumph over patriotism as well as all good values including love for humankind.
We believe that for the success of our campaign in enlightening people against the darkness, a revival of new cultural front with the aim of founding a socialist society is required. We firmly believe that the basic and foremost responsibility of Artist and Art is to continually guide the society towards progressive direction and engage themselves for the total wellbeing of the society. We also believe that our huge traditional culture that is enriched with various creative ingredients contributed by the labourers, farmers and working classes has to be honoured and embraced. We need to gain energy to solidify new development of culture by cordially integrating all positive values and progressive elements of our tradition.
Folklore, in any society, is the foundation of cultural growth and renaissance. Bengali folklore is rich with vivid ingredients and traditions. We shall be able to rejuvenate our heritage and culture by introducing new way/spirit/direction/trend/focus of cultural development. We are committed to facilitate a cultural renaissance through a huge organizational plan. We are keen to harmonize humanistic part of culture in the international level too.
An oppressive state and exploitative administration destroys human’s aesthetic instincts of beauty and Art, lessen human affection and love and blocks the desire of one’s development through various fronts of culture. As a part of cultural activists, cultural groups or cultural community, the primary duty of regenerating and nourishing all these humanistic values is bestowed on us. We are committed to carry out this duty with utmost care and diligence. Through the means of continual and sincere efforts, Udichi will construct the roadmap for freedom and play a supportive role to form such a society where all humanistic attributes would flourish and our future generations will grow with such humanistic values and characteristics. Let be assured that we shall be witnessing a creative renaissance of our national culture.
This organization shall be familiarized as “Bangladesh Udichi Shilpigosthi”, or briefly “Udichi”.
This is a non-communal, progressive, voluntary national, people-oriented cultural organization.
The central office of Udichi shall be located at the capital of Bangladesh.
The logo is created in tune with the organization’s model, aims and objectives. The logo illustrates an image of link between the culture and the labour- the controlling power of the development of the society and civilization (printed on the cover page).
The flag of the organization shall be as follows:
Length: Width = 3: 2. Along the length, 3/8 part below width is deep red. 5/8 part above is of white colour. In the middle of white part and close to the red part, a red circle witha diameter of half of the width shall be located, i.e. length:width: white part of the width: red part of the width: diameter of the circle = 12: 8 : 5 : 3 : 4 (printed on the cover page).
Section -2: Aims and objectives
- Udichi shall assist to create an ambiencefor self-development,exchange of cultural feelings and make our independence a fruitful one for the common people in the people’s republic of independent and sovereign Bangladesh.
- Udichi shall be engaged for overall development of Bangladesh and committed to create a favourable environment for true development of national culture in contrast to the existing age-old, imperialist, narrower and distorted ill-culture.
- Since the overall freedom of all classes of the society is embedded in the liberty of the working classes, Udichi shall formulate its all activities and materialise them in consideration of the liberty of the working classes.
- Udichi shall take effort to integrate and revivethe cultural activities of various regions of the country.
- Udichi shall encourage the order of cultural tradition in any country that is centred about lives and support real welfare for people as well as society.
- Udichi, for the national interest, shall recommend a unity of all non-communal people who believe in the spirit of liberation war of Bangladesh. The nationalism Udichi believes in is not the one that is centred around narrow chauvinism.
- Udichi shall demand a close relation (ship) of brethrenhood among people irrespective of religion, race, community and ethnicity.
- Since the war is the big enemy of humankind, humanity, civilization and culture, Udichi shall actively be involved through its cultural activities against the war to achieve world peace.
- For the interest of developing a happy and blissful society, Udichi shall include the task of streamlining its activities with the creative works of all local renowned and potential artists, litterateurs, playwrights and poets.
- Illiteracy is one of the main barriers for social development. A success of cultural movement as well as growth of civilized nation is simply unimaginable without eliminating the existing illiteracy. Therefore, one of the main objectives of cultural activities endorsed by Udichi is to eradicate illiteracy from the society.
- Udich shall work to revive, update and bring into widespread practices of all our age-old almost vanishing cultural treasures (such as kobigaan, jatra, baul, jari-sari, etc.), festivals that were existing from time immemorial (such as boat-racing, boishakhi mela,nobanno (rice-eating festival), Paush-songkrantifestival, winter-cakes (pitha utsob), fish-catching/fishing festival, other festivals of diverse ethnicity, etc.) and native musical instruments (such as flute, sanai, tambourine, ektara, drum, tom-tom, khol, cymbals, dotara, etc.).
- Udichi shall carry out continual efforts to proudly present the real cultural traditions of the country to the arena of world platform. The organization shall take initiatives to stage dramas, dances, varieties programs, etc. in not only within the courtyard of cities but also in the different regions of Bangladesh. In addition, Udichi shall organize art exhibitions, musical programs, meeting-seminars, discussion programs as well as publication of news-magazines.
- Udichi proclaims its firm determination to nourish, develop and enrich cultural traditions of various nations and communities living on this planet.
- Udichi shall take efforts to obtain proper social and economic dignity for all artists of Bangladesh and help to preserve their personal as well as group interests.
- In order for achieving common objective of the cultural movement, Udichi as and when necessary shall exchange ideas with other cultural organizations/institutions of the country and carry out joint activities.
- Udichi shall take appropriate efforts to remove difficulties of professional issues of all artists as well as the hurdles towards the development of their talents.
- Udichi shall try to make/build schools for learning music, drama, dance, fine-arts and crafts in various parts of the country.
- Udichi, at one hand, shall focus on the activities of the life-centred folk-culture and at other hand, shall help to renew and follow up the succession of true cultural tradition of our country.
- Udichi shall adopt firm steps to prevent infiltration of ill-culture that is capable to mislead and impair/ruin/spoil our social lives.
- Udichi shall put its efforts to create public opinions to freeing the powerful media of film industry from the vicious circles of traders and the industry plays proper role by incorporating social realities in the films to create a happy society.
- To observe/celebrate all national days of Bangladesh with full dignity is part of Udichi’s activities. Apart from these, Udichi as per its ability, shall observe some international days that are alike to its declaration and aims and objectives.
- Udichi as per its ability, shall come forward to mitigate any calamity of the country.
- Udichi shall appropriately present the hopes and aspirations of the country and the nation through all her activities and inspire to make a happy society within the country.
- Today, with the development of science and technology, our Bengali culture is shrouded with satellite culture. Udichi shall organize all-out movement by preventing the all-devouring influence of filthy, sick entertainment and create a sound cultural environment by instituting the true tradition of our culture.
- Any person 12 years old or above, irrespective of religion, caste, party and opinion, who is respectful to the great liberation war and our sovereignty, and faithful to the declaration and constitution of Udichi, non-communal, from any areas of Bangladesh (not applicable for foreign country), is considered eligible for the membership.
- The minimum monthly fee for every member is Taka 5.00 that is regularly payable at monthly basis.
- A candidate shall apply for membership by completing a formal application form and addressing to the president of the relevant branch/district council and pay one time admission fee Tk 10.00 together with monthly fee. The application must be proposed and seconded and signed accordingly by two executive members of the branch/district council.
- Udichi branch councils can assign membership to any person but it is to be submitted to the district committee for final approval. District council can either accept or reject the application of a candidate member. Should there be any concern of awarding a preliminary membership to a person at branch or district level, central council shall provide final decision on that matter. Membership should be renewed every year.
- Every member has the right to renounce the membership. A member willing to renounce membership should submit resignation letter to the secretary of the committee by addressing it to the president and giving at least one month’s notice. The application for resignation should be reviewed within one month from the date of its receipt.
- Udichi district council in its general or emergency session shall review and decide on the resignation letter. In urgent situations, individual branch council can temporarily accept or reject a resignation letter of a member.
Section-4 Organizational structure
- The structure of Udichi’s organization shall be as follows:
36.1 The national convention
36.2 The national council
36.3 The central council
36.4 The district council
36.5 The branch council
- The national convention
37.1.1. The national convention of Udichi shall be held at every two years in the presence of the number of representatives as determined by the central council and nominated by the district and branch councils. The selection of representatives should be completed prior to the date of the convention as set by the central council.
37.1.2. The selected representatives can co-opt maximum 10 members from any branch or different branches during the first sessional meeting for selecting central council of Udichi and include them as representatives in the national convention.
37.1.3. As a requirement of attending sessions, each of selected or co-opted members should pay certain amount of fee as determined by the central council to the designated authority of the convention.
37.1.4. The presence of one-third of representatives shall be considered as quorum for the convention.
37.1.5. All members of national council and central council shall be considered as representatives of the convention.
37.1.6. The central council shall determine the number of convention observers from the branch councils. The observers are eligible to attend the meetings of the representatives but they do not have the voting power.
37.1.7. The representatives of district council shall be present at the branch convention and the representatives of central council shall be present at the district convention.
37.2.1. The national convention shall select the executive members of central council for two years’ term.
37.2.2. The national convention shall approve the structure of national council as stated in the clause/sub-section 38 of section-4 of the constitution.
37.2.3. Should the national convention have an objection to any branch representative who is selected for national council, his/her membership shall be considered void.
37.2.4. The national convention is the final policy-making authority of the organization and lawful to correct, modify and extend of the declaration and constitution of the organization.
37.2.5. All representatives (councillors) attending one national convention shall be considered convention-members until the selection of the representatives for the next convention.
37.3. Demand/requisition meeting
37.3.1. The national convention shall be held if one-third of the members submit requisition letters.
37.3.2. Within 30 days upon receiving requisition letters, the general secretary as directed by the president is obligated to announce national convention. Otherwise, the members who had submitted requisition letters can declare national convention by 21 days of notification.
37.3.3. The presence of two-thirds of convention-councillors shall be considered as quorum for requisition meeting.
37.3.4. The decision of the requisition meeting can be taken with the votes of two-thirds majority of the members present in the meeting.
37.3.5. The requisition meeting must be held in the central office.
37.4 Subject (selection) committee
The foregoing central council with the approval of national convention shall form a subject (selection) committee. This committee shall present the draft of various proposals and the draft proposal of a new committee to the selective session.
- The national council
38.1. Organizational structure
38.1.1. All members of central council and one representative from each district and branch councils shall be considered as members of the national council.
38.1.2. The national council members of district and branch councils shall be selected through the conventions of associated district and branch councils.
38.1.3. The national council shall remain directly accountable to the national convention as the council helps to implement the decisions and policies of the convention.
38.2.1 The national council shall be considered authority to affix policies in the period between two sessions of national conventions.
38.2.2. The national council shall work as care-taker of formulated policies and decisions taken during national convention.
38.2.3. The national council shall sit for meeting at least once a year.
38.2.4. The presence of one-fifth of all members of national council shall be considered as quorum for the meeting.
38.2.5. Should there be any written complain raised against a member of the national council or the central council in the connection of his/her works disputing the interest and image of the organization, the national council upon (subject to) an appropriate investigation shall be the final authority to take any decision.
38.2.6. Should there be any complain raised against Udichi’s central/district/branch council of being deviated from the principle and policies, the national council (subject to) upon an appropriate investigation and with two-thirds majority votes can take any decision against the convicted council.
38.2.7. Following the decision of the central council, the meeting of the national council can be requested by 21 days of notification and an emergency meeting of the national council by 10 days of notification.
- The central council
39.1. Organizational structure
The total number of the central council members shall be 91 persons.
The organization of the central council shall be as follows:
President 1 no.
Vice-president 17 nos.
General Secretary 1 no.
Assistant general secretary 3 nos.
Treasurer 1 no.
Secretary 10 nos.
Member 58 nos.
Total 91 nos.
39.2.1. The responsibility to carry out overall activities of the organization shall be bestowed on the central council.
39.2.2. The central council shall implement the decisions that were taken by the national convention and the national council.
39.2.3. The central council shall be accountable to the national convention for all its activities.
39.2.4. The central council shall preserve all financial transactions and supervise all fixed and movable assets of the organization.
39.2.5. The central council shall sit for a meeting at least one in 3 months.
39.2.6. The meeting of the central council can be requested by 15 days of notification and an emergency meeting by 72 hours of notification.
39.2.7. In any special circumstance, secretariat of the central council on condition of approval in the next full meeting of the central council can decide or act or broadcast/publicize on any crucial topic by 6 hours of notification.
39.2.8. The central council secretariat shall sit for a meeting at least once a month.
39.2.9. The central council secretariat shall be consisting of the president, vice-presidents, general secretary, assistant general secretaries, treasurer and secretaries. They shall take various decisions and implement them in between two consecutive meetings of the central council. The secretariat shall be accountable for their interim works to the next meeting of the central council.
39.2.10. The central council after appropriate consideration of ability of the secretaries shall assign responsibilities of various divisions to them.
39.2.11. Should there be a death of any member of the central secretariat or a member is either staying overseas permanently or for longer period, absent from the organization’s day-to-day activities for long time without notice, or completely inactive, the position of that member shall be considered vacant. In that situation, the central council can deploy a suitable member from its pool to fill up that vacant position.
39.2.12. Should an executive member remain absent from three consecutive meetings without showing any reasons, then the associated branch (subject to) upon approval of district council, the district council (subject to) upon approval of the central council and the central council (subject to) upon approval of the national council can declare that member’s position is vacant and include new member for that position.
39.2.13. The central council shall decide on any matter regarding the cooperation with other organizations or institutions.
39.2.14. For other issues, the central council has the authority to take decisions on any matter at any time for the interest of the organization and (subject to) on condition of the approval at the next meeting of the national council.
39.2.15. The presence of one-third of the members shall be considered as quorum for the central meeting.
39.2.16. Should a member of the central council intend to resign, a letter in a plain paper explaining the reasons of the resignation shall be submitted to the general secretary by addressing it to the president of the organization by one month notice.
The central council (subject to the approval) on condition of the approval in the next session of the national council can take interim decision regarding this matter.
39.2.17. Any decision of the central council shall be accepted by majority votes.
39.2.18. The central council subject to the approval of the national council can issue/assign primary membership and cancel it as and when necessary.
39.2.19. The president and the general secretary of the central council shall not be nominated/selected in the same position in more than two consecutive terms.
- The district council
40.1. Organizational structure
In all administrative districts, the district council shall be formed by including at least one representative from each branch of the district. The city of Dhaka and universities are to considered as organizational districts.
The organizational structure of the district council shall be as follows:
President 1 no.
Vice-president 9 nos.
General Secretary 1 no.
Assistant general secretary 1-3 nos.
Treasurer 1 no.
Secretary 4-10 nos.
Member 8-22 nos.
Total 19-47 nos.
40.2. A branch in each country shall be considered as an organizational district council.
- Branch council
41.1. Organizational structure
41.1.1. The branch council as per local needs shall be formed with maximum 25 members.
The structure of branch council shall be as follows:
President 1 no.
Vice-president 2-5 nos.
General Secretary 1 no.
Assistant general secretary 1-2nos.
Treasurer 1 no.
41.1.2. Prior to 6 months of forming a branch council, an ad-hoc committee with one convenor and maximum two joint convenors shall be formed. The permission shall be asked to the district council before forming a new branch and a full-fledged committee.
- Functions of the district and branch council
42.1. The district council and branches shall carry out their activities as per decisions and policies that were adopted at the national council.
42.2. The district council and branches shall be obliged to follow instructions given by the central council. The branches shall follow the instructions and decisions of the district council.
42.3. The presence of one-third of the members shall be considered as quorum in any meeting of the district council and branch councils.
42.4. The district council and branches shall organize at least one general meeting a year.
42.5.As and when necessary, a branch council upon approval of the district council and a district council (subject to the approval) upon approval of the central council shall act on disciplinary issues against any member.
42.6. The functions of the central council as enacted at clauses 39.2.8, 39.2.9, 39.2.10, 29.2.11, 39.2.12 and 39.2.17 shall similarly be applicable for the district council and the branch councils.
42.7. The district councils and the branch councils can work in cooperation with other organizations that are close to Udichi in terms of aims and objectives.
42.8. The district council can call for a meeting by 7 days’ notification, the branch council by 3 days’ notification and the urgent meeting of the district council by 48 hours’ notification and branch council by 24 hours’ notification. The urgent meeting of the secretariat of the district and branch council can be called by 6 hours of notification. The decisions of the secretariat meeting should be approved in the next full meetings of the executive committees of the district and branch councils.
42.9. The executive committees of the district council and the branch council shall meet at least once a month.
- The responsibilities of the different organizers of the central, district and branch council.
43.1. The president
43.1.1. The president shall be considered as head of the organization.
43.1.2. He/she by dint of authority shall preside over all meetings and empowered to be present in all council and sub-council meetings.
43.1.3. The president generally has not any voting power but can apply a deterministic vote to resolve a standstill situation.
43.1.4. He/she shall call for the meeting of the national council.
43.1.5. The president shall ascertain the application of each clause of the constitution of the organization.
43.1.6. He/she shall instruct the general secretary to call for the meeting. If general secretary fails, the president can call for a meeting.
43.1.7. The president of the central council upon approval of the national convention shall be accountable to the central council.
43.1.8. Apart from that, the president shall carry out other duties as per constitution.
43.2. The vice-president
43.2.1. The vice-president shall assist in all works of the president.
43.2.2. He/she (according to serial number) shall be the rightful authority in the absence of the president.
43.2.3. Apart from this, the vice-president shall carry out other responsibilities bestowed on him/her.
43.3. The general secretary
43.3.1. The general secretary is the chief executive of the organization.
43.3.2. The general secretary in consultation with the president shall call for meetings of the central, district or branch councils.
43.3.3. He/she shall be an accountable for the daily activities of the organization.
43.3.4. The general secretary of the central council shall present reports to the national council as well as the central council and the general secretaries of the district councils and branch councils shall present reports to their own councils.
43.3.5. He/she as necessary shall distribute responsibilities to other organizers and connect and integrate their works.
43.3.6. He/she by dint of an authority shall be a member of all sub-councils and call for meetings of sub-councils in an urgent situation.
43.3.7. The general secretary shall discharge all duties bestowed on him/her as per constitution.
43.3.8. He/she (subject to the approval) upon approval of the national convention shall be accountable to the central council.
43.4. The assistant general secretary
43.4.1. He/she shall assist in all works of the general secretary.
43.4.2. He/she (according to serial number) shall be the rightful authority in the absence of the general secretary.
43.4.3. Apart from this, he/she shall carry out other duties bestowed on him/her.
43.5. The treasurer
43.5.1. Through him/her, all monies/financial wealth of the organization shall be deposited to any scheduled bank of the country.
43.5.2. He/she shall maintain and present all monetary incomes and expenditures of the organization.
43.5.3. Out of the president, the general secretary and the treasurer, the money can be withdrawn from the bank with joint signatures of the treasurer and any one of the (other two) president or the general secretary.
43.5.4. The treasurer shall plan to collect funds and implement them.
43.5.5. He/she shall integrate the incomes and expenditures of the various divisions.
43.6. The secretary
43.6.1. The secretary shall carry out duties bestowed on him/her.
43.6.2. He/she shall receive help from the council members for the interest of works of his/her division.
43.6.3. He/she shall be accountable to the executive council for the works of his/her division.
43.7. The member
43.7.1. The member shall be obliged to perform any duties granted by the executive council.
43.7.2. He/she shall be accountable to the executive council for his/her works.
Section-5: Formation of advisory council
The central council, the district council and the branch council when necessary can form advisory council.
Section-6: Collection of funds and transactions
- Collection of funds
The following measures shall be adopted to collect funds for the expenditures of the council activities:
44.1. Admission fees from primary members, member’s renewal fees and annual fees.
44.2. Donations, contributions, grants, various financial aids and profit/gain from various cultural programs.
44.3. Each of the district and branch council shall provide one-fourth of the primary members’ fees to the central council.
44.4. Any donation, contribution, grants or financial aids shall be collected through receipts (by exchanging receipts).
44.5. The incomes and expenditures of any school or institution including music school or school of performing arts conducted by Udichi shall be considered the incomes and expenditures of Udichi.
45.1. All monetary transactions of the central council, the district councils and the branch councils shall be carried out through accounts under organization’s name in any scheduled bank of the country.
45.2. Bank transactions shall be performed through joint signatures among the president, the general secretary and the treasurer. Money can be withdrawn from the bank by the joint signatures of (any one) either the president or the general secretary and the treasurer.
45.3. All transactions shall be accomplished through bank expect nominal and emergency expenses.
45.4. Any emergency expenses must be done upon pre-approval of the president/general secretary and the treasurer and later the approval must be sought at the meeting of the executive committee.
45.5. The limit of the nominal expenses is maximum Taka 1000 and emergency expenses is maximum Taka 3000. The treasurer can keep a total of Taka 4000 as a petty cash.
45.6. The secretary of a division shall keep detail transactions of their expenses and submit to the treasurer at weekly basis.
45.7. A person responsible for monetary issues related to a program shall submit detail transactions to the treasurer within 15 days of the completion of the program.
45.8. All expenditures shall be done through vouchers.
45.9. Transactions shall be carried out through a recognized procedure of the country.
45.10. Any delay in handling monetary transactions and submissions shall be considered as serious breach of responsibilities for the organization.
45.11. Selected by the executive committee, an internal audit sub-committee shall conduct audit of annual transactions once a year. The details of the transactions and a report of the audit sub-committee shall be disseminated as an agenda among members during the meeting of the executive council.
45.12. The audited transactions shall make available to present at the end of financial year within July.
45.13. The details of incomes and expenditures of the central, the district and branch conventions and audit statements shall be presented along with the report of the general secretary.
Section-7: Discipline and expulsion
46.1. Any activity subversive of the declaration, the constitution and the organization shall be considered as breach of the organizational discipline.
46.2. Upon investigation and considering the explanation of the blamed/condemned member, the executive council can take necessary actions against that member.
47.1. The expulsion of a member if decided by the executive council of the district and branch shall be finalized upon the approval of the central council. Should there a decision of expulsion of a member of the central council or the national council, the national convention shall decide.
- The organizers of the branch/the district/the central and the national council shall be nominated/selected during election session of the convention. The preceding branch/the district/the central and the national council shall be considered void the moment before the beginning of the election session.
- The organizational year (of the organization) shall be considered from the first day of Boishakh to the last day of Chaitra of Bengali year. The date of the election can be delayed or brought ahead of 90 days due to unavoidable circumstances. Regarding the election, the branch council shall take approval from the district council, the district council from the central council and the central council from the national council.
Section-9: Explanation of the constitution and special revision
Explanation of the constitution
The national council in the interim period between two sessions of the national conventions shall provide explanation of any section or sub-section/clause of the constitution. The national convention is the sole authority to modify, extend and revise the constitution.
- Special revision
Regarding the spelling in the declaration and the constitution, the prescribed (Promito) Bangla spelling style of (the) Bangla Academy shall be followed.
Section-10: The oath
I pledge in the name of the martyrs of the great language movement, liberation struggles and liberation war that I shall be truthful to the declaration and aims and objectives of Bangladesh Udichi Shilpigosthi and as a cultural activist, sacrifice my working life for the greater interest of fellow people and the country. I shall engage my creative intellect and self to build/make an exploitation-free, and a country resounded with laughter and songs and a happy Bangladesh. ‘Joy Udichi’.